Mr. Brown earned a Bachelor of Science degree at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill while on a football scholarship.
Select Client List
- Alcatel: Represented Alcatel in selling their 232,000-square-foot R&D/Manufacturing facility and in locating a 90,000-square-foot Class A office space to lease in Raleigh, NC.
- Keystone Corporation: Represented Keystone in marketing and leasing over 600,000 square feet of class A warehouse space and 1,200,000 square feet of R&D/Office/Flex space in Durham, NC.
- Lockheed Martin: Represented Lockheed Martin in securing a 12,000-square-foot Class A office space in Research Triangle Park.
- International Paper: Represented the client in selling a
168,000-square-foot manufacturing plant in Durham, NC.
- John Deere: Represented John Deere in a statewide search for a distribution center. Finalized a lease for 320,000-square-foot building in Benson, NC.
- Sanmina-SCI: Represented client in leasing a 450,000-square-foot manufacturing/distribution center in RTP, NC.
- Liberty Property Trust: Represented client in acquiring a 536,000-square-foot portfolio.
- STAG Industrial: Represented client in industrial investment purchase of 290,000 square feet in Creedmoor, NC and 383,500 square feet in Mebane, NC.
- Ferguson: Represented client in leasing multiple warehouse and flex facilities.
Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR): Industrial Specialist. The SIOR designation is awarded to individuals who have met rigorous requirements based on their outstanding knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, professional and educational background and adherence to ethical standards. There are 2,500 active SIOR members in the US, of which 93 are in North Carolina.
Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM): The CCIM designation recognizes leading experts in commercial investment real estate. CCIM designees complete advanced coursework in financial and market analysis, and demonstrate extensive experience in the commercial real estate industry. Only 10,000 commercial real estate practitioners hold the CCIM designation. Mr. Brown achieved his designation in 1988.
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
NAI Global: NAI Carolantic has been the Raleigh/Durham office for NAI Global since 1982. This organization enables us to assist clients in multi-market expansions or dispositions throughout the world.
Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR): An organization of licensed commercial real estate brokers, enabling members to advance their education and knowledge of issues impacting commercial real estate on local, state and national levels.
2015 Commercial Realtor of the Year: Awarded by the Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors, this is the highest honor given by the association and indicates the recipient has the highest principles, dedication to the Code of Ethics of the Association and most importantly, has the principals of good real estate practice.
NAI Global Elite: Awarded in 2009 and 2014 by NAI Global for being a top performer and top producer based on production.
Movers & Shakers: Awarded in 2010 to up and coming business leaders in the Triangle, by Business Leader Media.
Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors Frontier Awards: Lifetime Million Dollar Sales Club and Lifetime Million Dollar Industrial Leasing Club. Million Dollar Sales Club in 2005-2012; Million Dollar Office Leasing Club in 2005 & 2006; Million Dollar Industrial Leasing Club in 2008-2017; Million Dollar Land Sales Club for 2010. One of five to be given the Trailblazer Award in 2008.
Carolinas Chapter of SIOR: Received award for 2005-2006 Largest Industrial/Land Transaction. Received awards in 2002 and in 2004 for Largest Dollar Value Referral, Single Transaction. Also received the 2002 award for The Largest Dollar Value Transaction Between Two SIOR Brokers in the Carolinas.
Triangle Business Journal’s Space Awards: Received 2005 Top Real Estate Sales award.
Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women (TCREW): Received 2001 Best Professional Service Award at the annual TCREW Champion Awards.
The Business Journal’s REDY Awards: Received awards for Top Industrial Lease (Third Place) in 2000 and in 2002. Received award for Top Industrial Lease (First Place) in 1998.
CoStar Group: Designated as a Top Power Broker in 2003-2006, 2008, 2010-2015.
Abilities Tennis Association of North Carolina: Volunteer coach. ATANC is an organization committed to raising awareness and growing adaptive tennis programs serving to improve the inclusion and well being of persons with special needs.