Beginning in 1971 working as a carpenter during the day and selling houses at night, Mr. Hibbits has gained experience in every facet of real estate: residential sales and construction, raw land sales, commercial development, commercial leasing, income property sales, management, receivership, syndication, and dealing with “odd” or “problem” properties.
Specific accomplishments include the development of over 900,000 square feet of commercial buildings, development of the 350-acre Weatherstone Planned Urban Development in Cary and compilation of the statistics presented at the Annual Triangle Commercial Real Estate Conference.
Mr. Hibbits joined NAI Carolantic Realty in 1976 and became a principal in the firm in the early 1980s.
Mr. Hibbits is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Select Client List
- EMC, Inc.: Found a 125-acre landlocked site for a 300,000 squarefoot plant, overcoming water, sewer and access problems to make the site work for the client.
- US Bankruptcy Court: Court-appointed Receiver for Lincoln Park North, an 840,000 square-foot, 15-building warehouse development.
- Sir Walter Associates: Brokered a downtown Raleigh hotel for conversion to multifamily use.
- Tanager Properties, LLC: Developed a 98,000 square-foot flex project.
- Duraleigh Corners Shopping Center: Developed a 74,000 squarefoot unanchored retail strip center.
- Triangle Property Management: Founded and operated by Mr. Hibbits and two partners to manage their 500,000+ square feet of commercial properties.
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
NAI Global: NAI Carolantic has been the Raleigh/Durham office for NAI Global since 1982. This organization enables us to assist clients in multi-market expansions or dispositions throughout the world.
Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR): An organization of licensed commercial real estate brokers, enabling members to advance their education and knowledge of issues impacting commercial real estate on local, state and national levels.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Dean’s Working Group for the Entrepreneurship Minor
Morehead Planetarium & Science Center: Board member
North Carolina Master Chorale: Board member
NCSU Center for Environmental Farm Systems: Board member