Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR): The SIOR designation is awarded to individuals who have met rigorous requirements based on their outstanding knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, professional and educational background and adherence to ethical standards. There are 2,500 active SIOR members in the US, of which 93 are in North Carolina.92 are in North Carolina.
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
NAI Global: NAI Carolantic has been the Raleigh/Durham office for NAI Global since 1982. This organization enables us to assist clients in multi-market expansions or dispositions throughout the world.
Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR): An organization of licensed commercial real estate brokers, enabling members to advance their education and knowledge of issues impacting commercial real estate on local, state and national levels.
CoreNet Global: CoreNet Global is a dynamic, fully developed global network of professionals who create strategic value for their enterprises by advancing knowledge, connecting people and promoting personal excellence.
Awards and Recognition (partial listing)
2016 CEO of the Year: Selected as one of 20 top CEOs in the Triangle by Triangle Business Journal.
2012 Triangle’s 100 Most Influential Business Leaders: Selected by Triangle Business Journal.
NAI Global Deal of the Year: Presented in 2011 to Mr. Stroud and the Special Assets team for selling over $600 million in notes for the year for a major NC bank.
NAI Global Elite: Top performer by NAI Global based on production in 2011 and 2012.
NAI Global Eagle Award: Presented in 2010 and 2011 in recognition of performance that best exemplified the “Right Stuff”: a combination of leadership, capital and resources; commitment to quality; the desire and energy to grow; and share the NAI Global vision for excellence in commercial real estate.
Trendsetter Award: Presented in 2011 by the Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women (TCREW) at the Champion Awards to a company who has taken a risk in commercial real estate in an innovative way which was later adopted by many others – the Annual Triangle Commercial Real Estate Conference. The event has spawned many smaller events by competitors and business partners.
Legacy Leader Award: Presented in 2010 by Triangle Business Journal.
Powerhouse Award: Presented in 2010 by the Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women (TCREW). Given to an individual who demonstrates an extraordinary volume of work in the previous year.
2010 Largest Land Deal of the Decade: Presented by Triangle Business Journal.
Top 50 Entrepreneurs in the Triangle 2010: Presented by Business Leader Media.
Mover & Shaker: Presented in 2009 by Business Leader magazine honoring rising leaders in the Triangle.
2008 Commercial Realtor of the Year: Awarded by the Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors, this is the highest honor given by the association and indicates the recipient has the highest principles, dedication to the Code of Ethics of the Association and most importantly, has the principals of good real estate practice.
Triangle Business Leader Magazine Impact Leader Award 2008: Presented for Triangle leadership.
Raleigh Downtown Magazine’s 32 Most Influential People 2008: Leaders chosen for their vision and commitment to improving the Downtown Raleigh area.
Patrick Henry Award: Presented in 2006 by the National Guard Association to individuals in positions of great responsibility who have distinguished themselves with outstanding and exceptional service.
Pillar Award: Presented in 2006 by the Triangle Business Journal to an Outstanding Commercial Real Estate Broker.
Chairman’s Community Impact: Award given to an individual whose efforts have had a lasting impact on the Triangle sports community, presented in 2006 by the Sports Council at the Evening of Champions.
Pinnacle Award: Presented in 2004 to NAI Carolantic Realty and Steve Stroud for Staying Power, Business Growth, Community Involvement, and Innovation, presented by the Greater Raleigh Chamber.
A.E. Finley Award given for Distinguished Community Service: Presented in 2001 by the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce.
Impact Award: Presented by Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women (TCREW) in 2000 to a professional who has made the greatest contribution to or influence on the commercial real estate industry.
Order of the Long Leaf Pine: Represents the highest award given to a citizen of the State, presented in 2000 by former Governor James B. Hunt.
Distinguished President’s Award: Presented in 1976 by Optimist International.
Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors Frontier Awards: Million Dollar Sales Club & Million Dollar Land Sales for several years; 2009 Sales Transaction of the Year
SIOR Carolinas Chapter: Largest Industrial/Land Transaction for 2005-2006.
Community Involvement (partial list)
- Member, First Tennesse Bank, N.A. Triangle Advisory Board, 2015-2017
- Former Chairman, TrustAtlantic Financial Corporation, 2006 – 2015
- Member, Board of Directors, NC State Student Aid Association (Wolfpack Club) 2012-Present
- Past President, Board of Directors, North Carolina State University Student Aid Association
- Member, WakeMed Foundation Advisory Council, 2008-present
- Member, Centennial Authority, 1995 – Present
- Past Chairman of the Centennial Authority, 1995-December, 2005.
- Board of Advisors for the Poole College of Management, NC State University, 1994-Present
- Member Wake County’s Blue Ribbon Committee on the Future of Wake County, 2005-2006
- Executive Committee, Board of Directors, NC Citizens for Business & Industry, 2002-Spring 2006
- Executive Board member, NCFREE, 2000-2008
- Co-Chair of Silver Anniversary Committee for NCFREE, to raise $1,000,000
- Member, Board of Directors, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, 1989-1992
- President, North Carolina Railroad Company, 1987-1993
- Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee for NC Amateur Sports Association (1987 Olympic Festival)
- Chairman, Coliseum Committee of 1985, to study feasibility of a major events facility in Raleigh
- Vice Chairman, North Carolina Economic Development Board, 1985-1991
- Member, North Carolina Transportation Task Force
- Raleigh Planning Commission, 1976-77
- Member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors; Carolinas Chapter of SIOR since 1976
- Member of the Optimist Club of Raleigh since 1967; President, 1975-76
- Member of the Raleigh Board of Realtors since 1965